Flipside Studio 2021.1 now available with motion capture export, video renderer, and more
- by Lux
This is also the first version to offer paid subscription plans for added functionality. All of the existing functionality of Flipside Studio remains free for everyone, but the watermark removal and some of the new features below will be paid-only.
Motion capture data export
Flipside Studio 2021.1 adds the ability to export motion capture data, making Flipside Studio the easiest way to record multiplayer motion capture sessions for use in any animation software or video game. Motion capture data can be exported in standard BVH files, converted into regular Unity animations using Flipside Creator Tools, or converted to Blender animations via a new Flipside plugin for Blender. You can also export full-body movement recorded with just the VR headset and controllers, or use Vive Trackers for full-body motion capture.
Flipside Studio 2021.1 adds a powerful new multi-camera video renderer for exporting footage of your Flipside Studio recordings, complete with resolutions up to 4K, depth maps, image sequences, and adjustable frame rate and export settings.
FaceMirror lets you animate faces on anything
This release introduces a new FaceMirror component that lets you animate faces on non-character objects in sets, such as props or otherwise inanimate objects.
More sophisticated animated expressions
And much more
- Publish characters and sets directly from Unity in the new Flipside Creator Tools
- Full hand tracking now supported on the Valve Index controllers
- New retargeting system for improved character movement
- Stand-ins let you create still poses of characters to streamline camera placement
- Enable ambient occlusion under Settings > Output for improved lighting and shadows
- Microphone settings tab now includes noise gate, compression, and gain controls
- Teleprompter supports additional character sets, including Greek, Cyrillic, Thai, and Tamil
Visit the Flipside XR blog post for the full details of this release.